3D Artist Enquiry - Closed
We're looking for a talented 3D artist to help us create low poly models for a tycoon/simulation game.
We're currently developing a game called Skylimit Tycoon, which is a game where you build buildings (skyscrapers, malls, office, etc.), but only one building at a time. The player decide how the building body should look like, and fill it with different types of predefined rooms. It's up to the player to decide how the building should end up. The game idea is somewhat based on the classic game SimTower.
Example of items and design
These are some examples of items that we need modelled, but we will specify what items and in what order we need them later. We would like to start with one or two items just to see that the model matches our game and that we can
Elevators, stairs, escalators, doors (entrance, sliding doors, revolving door, etc), sofas, chairs, tables (bedroom, living, dining, conference, etc), beds (single, double, bunk), desks, lamps, electronics (pc, tv, laptop), shop racks, changing rooms, shop fridges, kitchen counter (w/o sink, cooker), fridge, bookshelves, and a lot more.
Kendanware is looking for a clean and a bit cartooning look, similar to the above image.
- The game will have limited directional lights in the rooms (if any directional light at all).
- All items must be low poly, most objects should have less than 300 vertices, preferably less.
- The colour scheme should be similar to the image as well.
- Walls, window frames, door frames, floors and roofs are generated by the game due to performance issues however we will most likely look into getting a matching style of textures for these.
- Each room is created in a Mod Editor where the user may change walls, add doors, place items and change general attributes of these.
This is an example of the the current look of the game, where you can see pre-generated floors, walls, door and window frames. The models are only place-holders.
We are developing the game in a Java based game engine called JMonkeyEngine and all the models needs to be compatible with that.
The internal model format that JMonkeyEngine using is .j3o files, but it's possible to convert from .obj (most successful) and a couple of other formats, such as .blend and OgreXML.
We need the models to be UV-mapped with diffuse texture, normal and specular maps can be used if needed.
For creating compatible models in Blender
For creating compatible models in 3D Studio Max
The game metrics is in meters (1m = 1.0), one tile is 1m x 1m and 2.5m high.
All windows and door frames are 0,05m from the edge of the wall mesh which means that a door should be 0,9m wide and 2,0m high. Walls are 0,1m thick.
For instance, a door of 0.9m with 0.05m frames on each side is 1m in total which covers a full tile in width.
- Models should be centred to 0,0,0 while standing on the ground
- The scale must be 1.0, and rotation should be 0,0,0 as well
- Models should be a maximum of 2.4m tall
1. Do you think you would be able to help us with this?
2. What is your rate or compensation required? (per hour)
3. When do you think you can deliver?
4. Would you be able to take on more requests after this?
5. How long would it take you to complete the following?
- Single bed
- Double bed
- Bed side table
- Floor lamp
- Flat screen TV
- Shower cubicle
The above items will be used for a hotel room design and we need 2 different textures/styles for each model to create variety.
You can reach us by email: email@example.com